Thursday, February 25, 2010

THRICE BITTEN NOW A VICTIM

To blog or not to blog....well thats the question today. I have been riding on an emotional train to my inner victim this week wondering how to protect my baby and how to push through a tough time.
It is all about lessons I guess.
Today's lesson is that I cant save or protect anyone but myself. But boy is it a hard one.
Here is why....My baby Zia has been bitten for a third time on her face by another child younger than her. So not only does she have a scar but she looks like she has been mauled by a cat too.
So to protect her I decided to keep her out of school for a few days until the teachers can come up with a full proof plan to keep her safe.
However what gauls me has been a pattern that I have noticed throughout my life.
THAT BAD BEHAVIOUR GETS REWARDED IN THIS WORLD.
We humans have the ability to explain all negative behaviour away because dealing with the actual issue is far harder. In this instance ...Instead of the little girl who bit my daughter being suspended or kept at home because she is feeling neglected - it is my daughter that has to stay at home for her safety.
And time and time again I have seen this. In my life, drug addicts, emotionally unavailable men, cheating husbands and lazy fathers have been "let off the proverbial" hook because they do not take responsibility for their actions.
So the people who are working hard and doing their best get taken for a ride. Now you may say the reason for this behaviour is because good people are co-dependant. So that means people are either addicts or co-dependants. Or enablers and dependants. It is bizaar the way society rewards or makes excuses for people who do not pull their own weight. I may be ranting now but its my child's face and all I hear is how the other child is being neglected.
So here is to the chomp chomp lesson of the day.....stay away from biters cos they going to take a nibble out of you and get away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment